840 West 11th Street
Panama City, FL 32401
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
After Hours Emergency Phone Number: 850-784-4000
How do I...
Stormwater Project Information
Richard Bayou Sediment Reduction Project:
The Richard Bayou Sediment Reduction Project is located in the East Bay Watershed approximately 20 miles southeast of Panama City in Bay County, Florida (N30.061320 W85.489617). This project is funded in part by a Section 319 Nonpoint Source Management Program implementation grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency through an agreement/contract with the Nonpoint Source Management Section of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the intent is to reduce sediment impacts to Richard Bayou.
To reduce sediment impacts to Richard Bayou, the existing 1.1 miles of dirt roadways for Richard, Gore, and Piercy Roads will be stabilized. The project area will be stabilized with open grade asphaltic pavement, sod, and the providing adequate roadside shoulders and swales for the treatment and conveyance of stormwater runoff.
• Improve water quality into Richard Bayou and East Bay.
• Stabilize approximately 1.1 miles of existing dirt roadway.
• Provide a high level of customer service and communication to the public.
Estimated Project Schedule:
• Complete Design and Permitting – 2nd quarter of 2017
• Start Construction – 3rd quarter of 2017
• End Construction – 1st quarter of 2018
Questions, problems or general information can be received at the Public Works Engineering Division at 850-248-8301.