The Purchasing Department is responsible for the procurement of supplies, equipment, and services for all departments under the Board of County Commissioners. Purchasing continues to successfully administer the competitive solicitation process and coordinate all associated bid awards, proposals, evaluation processes, and contract development. Purchasing also administers the Countys surplus property sales and Purchasing Card programs.
Bay County Purchasing Division
840 West 11th Street
Panama City, FL 32401
Current Procurement List
View Current Bidding Opportunities on our procurement list.
Frequently asked Questions
How do I do business with Bay County?
Vendors may discuss products and services, delivery schedules, price ranges, types of contract, etc. with purchasing personnel and/or interested personnel in individual program areas.
Requisitions for purchases below $50,000.00 begin in the program areas and are sent to the Purchasing Department. The individual program areas participate in locating vendors and the selection process for the goods/services they need.
For purchases above $50,000.00 a formal solicitation will be advertised through the Purchasing Department.
How do I get notified of upcoming solicitations?
Vendors may register for notification of upcoming solicitations (IT has link to insert for vendor notifications)
Where do I find a formal solicitation?
Formal written solicitations in any amount that exceeds $50,000.00 in value:
1. Are published in one of two newspapers in Panama City, The Bay County Bullet or The News Herald. These requirements will be found under the heading "BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS BAY COUNTY, FLORIDA - NOTICE OF CALL FOR BID OR REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL..."
2. Advertised on the Purchasing Department's Web Page. Click on Current Bidding Opportunities.
3. Available online through the DemandStar. If you are interested in this service, contact www.DemandStar.com for details on the annual subscription and its costs. The application asks for general information about your firm and lists the commodities and services the firm wishes to sell to the County.
4. Bay County has adopted an electronic bidding process for Public Works unit pricing solicitations. Only electronic bids submitted at the bidexpress.com website will be accepted for Public Works unit pricing solicitations.
All electronic bidders must first register on bidexpress.com to and create an Info Tech Digital ID.
It can take up to five business days to process your Digital ID and it is highly recommended that a Digital ID be enabled 48 hours in advance of submitting an electronic bid
For additional guidance, please contact the Bid Express team at toll free (888) 352-2439 (select option 1) or at email@example.com.
5. You are invited to come to the Purchasing Department between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, to view current solicitations. At that time, you may request a solicitation package. Bay County may charge a fee for plans and specifications.
For the best utilization of your time, as well as ours, appointments may be set up prior to your visit, with the Purchasing Staff at (850)248-8270.
Should you require additional information, please feel free to call the Purchasing Department. Our staff will assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Where can I find current County contracts?
County contracts are recorded with the Bay County Clerk of Court and may be obtained from the Clerks website: http://baycoclerk.com/public-records/county-commissioners/